SERVICES AND OFFERINGS
Work with Me
As a Chartered Psychologist I’m passionate about empowering people with the tools of self-care and helping people commit to sustainable, positive lifestyle choices. I have a special interest in supporting those who are in the midst of stress, crisis, loss and change.
My clients include:
- mothers navigating the transition to motherhood and its unique challenges
- people experiencing stress, burnout and fatigue
- those suffering from a loss or in the midst of change
- people seeking better balance and greater joy in life
- anyone looking to commit to sustainable healthy lifestyle change
- people at crossroads who need a sounding board to find clarity.
- teenagers in need of a little nurturing
How I can help
- I draw on my toolkit as a Psychologist to help you manage your energy, emotions and stress. As a Psychologist, Personal Trainer and Yoga Teacher I am uniquely placed to help you achieve genuine wellbeing. We all know what we need to do to feel healthy and happy, my strength lies in helping you make it happen.
- I provide a safe place to give voice to your thoughts and feelings, to process and move through your experiences, to cultivate compassion and an image of your future best self.
- Together we design a path of action that helps you create the desired change, to become the person you aspire to be. I support you every step of the way as you integrate new strategies and build new habits.
- Using my framework of self-care, The Vitality Wheel, I’ll empower you with time and energy efficient strategies to nourish yourself on a daily basis. Together we’ll create a bespoke self-care toolkit that will keep you fresh, inspired and resilient in the face of life’s inevitable challenges.
- My focus is on the here and now, healing the body and the mind, connecting you with your strengths, your values and maximising what is working well in your life. My approach is informed by Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness, Positive Psychology (the study of what makes life worth living), CBT, Sport and Performance Psychology.
Suzy is an experienced organisational psychologist, working with a range of clients from law firms, media companies, the retail sector, hotels and hospitality and in schools. Suzy facilitates workshops, presents talks and offers individual coaching, all of which can be tailored to the needs of the organisation and the individuals. Depending on the goals, preferences and venue, yoga, meditation, breathing and mindfulness practices can be included.
POPULAR WELLBEING TOPICS INCLUDE:
- The Art of Self-Care
- Sleep, Rest, Relaxation and Breathing
- Fire your Arrow of Intent: Defining Your Goals and Values
- Stress Busters and Mood Boosters
- How to Unwind Without Leaving your Desk
- How to Win at Willpower to Make Sustainable Healthy Choices
- Healthy Exercise and Eating: How to Make it Happen
- The Effects of Parenthood on Mental Health
Private yoga is one-on-one or a small group class, making yoga accessible for any level of fitness, experience or age, and maximising both enjoyment and effectiveness. I provide a bespoke practice, designed specifically for your goals, needs and preferences, meeting you exactly where you are at now.
PRIVATE YOGA CAN HELP WITH:
- Stress Relief: using yoga poses to relieve the physical manifestations of stress. Incorporating breath work and mindfulness to unravel the mental and emotional manifestations of stress.
- Pre & Postnatal Yoga, Mummy & Baby Yoga: preparing for conception, birth, motherhood and beyond. Nurturing the physical body, boosting your energy and mood and nourishing the mind.
- Healing Yoga: for times of grief, loss, change, illness or fatigue, designed specifically to soothe the nervous system and calm the mind and body. Yoga to deal with simple physical aches, pains and stiffness, perfect if you need a good stretch.
- Yoga for Mental Health: as a chartered psychologist I offer yoga designed specifically to help combat depression, anxiety and mental manifestations of stress. My approach is a combination of yoga with CBT and Mindfulness.
- Yoga for Sport: to physically enhance your sporting performance, to stretch out and replenish between sessions and mental skills training to give you the competitive edge. Ideal for nurturing young athletes and seasoned professionals alike.
- Beginners: An introduction to yoga movement and breathing and a simple home practice. An ideal preparation for joining group classes.
- Mentoring: to deepen your practice and to explore different aspects of yoga – postures, breathing, meditation, mudra, yoga nidra or relaxation, philosophy.
Walk & Talk Sessions
MOVE YOUR BODY WHILE WE SORT OUT WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND.
What better way to revitalise, unwind and gain clarity than by harnessing the therapeutic benefits of Nature, movement, mindfulness and uplifting conversation?
WALK & TALK, WHAT IS IT?
We head out into the woods of Ashridge Estate, walk at a pace you feel comfortable with, and we talk about what’s on your mind. Sometimes we might stop and do a yoga pose that is connected with what we’re talking about. The body plays an important role in how we feel, our energy levels and also in how we go about creating change. Using our bodies can help us achieve these goals. A Walk & Talk session is the perfect way to carve new healthy habits and a great alternative to talking it out in a traditional consulting room.
Walk & Talk Sessions
THE SPACE RETREAT: ALL MOTHERED UP
‘All Mothered Up’ is all about Mama Power, taking time out, recharging and thriving in motherhood. Come and escape for a few hours to relax and unwind. Enjoy music, books, magazines, a film, a luxurious manicure or simply have a nap.
I’ll be joined by some amazing mamas, including Zoe Blaskey of Motherkind and Anya Hayes, author of ‘The Super Mum Myth’. Together we will be sharing our experiences of motherhood and how motherhood has shaped us. I’ll also be offering group yoga classes and 15 minute self-care and yoga one-on-ones. These are optional so remember to book your spot with me.
Date: Saturday 24th March
Time: Session 1 runs from 10am – 2pm and Session 2 is from 2:30 – 6:30pm
Venue: Marlin Waterloo
111 Westminster Bridge Road
Book your ticket via this link: The Space Retreat: All Mothered Up
GENERAL YOGA: BAYOGA, BERKHAMSTED
A one hour dynamic yoga class with an opportunity to strengthen, shape up and stretch out. We might also blend in some moves from tai chi and pilates to keep us on our toes. Suitable for complete beginners or the more experienced and can be modified for pre and postnatal participants. Payment and booking via BAYoga is necessary. Simply jump online to the timetable (www.bayogastudio.co.uk), click on my Tuesday 1:15pm class and it takes you to a secure booking system.
Venue: BAYoga, Berkhamsted
When: Tuesdays, 1:15pm – 2:15pm
MUMMY & BABY YOGA: CARMENTA, BERKHAMSTED
NEXT COURSE: Now taking bookings for Feb 20th. Book your place early to avoid disappointment. Get in touch with Suzy to secure your place.
Time: 10-11am and 11:30-12:30pm
Come and join us for yoga to help you re-energise, strengthen, tone and unwind with some moves for your cherub too. The class is suitable for complete beginners and babies until they are on the move. We’ll also be taking a look at stress management, coping skills and self-care tips specifically for new mums. These classes operates as a course – book in for all 5 weeks for £50. With only 12 available places, booking directly with Suzy is required.
Venue: Carmenta-Life, Berkhamsted
When: Tuesdays for 5 weeks, starting 20th February 2018
Time: 10-11am and 11:30-12:30pm
Cost: £50 for 5 weeks
To book your place email Suzy at email@example.com
Praise for Suzy
“Our last class was such a blessing as I did 50 mins of yoga with a sleeping Esmé and I felt so connected and alive at the end of the class.
I felt like what you created in that class was like a gift – I felt renewed, challenged (in a good way) and refreshed- thank you for what you create so effortlessly with your class content, your energy and your positivity.”
“Suzy’s Walk and Talk sessions are wonderful. I was looking for someone to help with my wellbeing both physically & mentally. Suzy proved to be the perfect person. Getting outdoors breathing & moving made the talking part really easy. It’s very different to being in a consultation room. We could change the location of where we went as well as how hard we would work physically, so it was always fresh. Sometimes it was just a walk, other times we would stop & do some yoga or more of a personal training session but there was always talking along the way. Every session left me feeling positive, centered, smiling & looking forward to the next.
Suzy is quite a remarkable human being, she is a very generous spirit, who is able to listen to what you have to say, nurture you, motivate you & help you realize your potential. She also has an amazing way with people that makes her very easy to talk to, it’s a bit like talking to a friend only she doesn’t come with any preconceptions or judgments & is truly able to help put things into perspective, achieve goals & nurture your whole being.“
“Suzy has been part of my life for years. It took little time to know that she was the person who could support the necessary change in my life. She is humanistic, working with the whole person and her clear boundaries enable me to feel a focused intention on meeting our agreed goals.
I have never felt more supported! She meets me wherever I am – distracted, focused, overwhelmed – then works with me to swing the pendulum back to a more centered, integrated being.
I have achieved amazing quests with Suzy at my side.”
Janine, Potten End
“Suzy brings a new language and conceptual map to the practice of self-care. Her workshop is simple and accessible to all, delivered with passion and energy that makes it a rich nourishing experience. She embodies care and positivity and the combination of all these elements makes for a truly special encounter that can change the way you live. I recommend this workshop to everyone!”
Drop Me a Line
Don't be shy. Let me know if you have any questions!