SERVICES AND OFFERINGS
Work with Me
As a Chartered Psychologist I’m passionate about empowering people with the tools of self-care and helping people commit to sustainable, positive lifestyle choices. I have a special interest in supporting those who are in the midst of stress, crisis, loss and change.
My clients include:
- mothers navigating the transition to motherhood and its unique challenges
- people experiencing stress, burnout and fatigue
- those suffering from a loss or in the midst of change
- people seeking better balance and greater joy in life
- anyone looking to commit to sustainable healthy lifestyle change
- people at crossroads who need a sounding board to find clarity.
- teenagers in need of a little nurturing
How I can help
- I draw on my toolkit as a Psychologist to help you manage your energy, emotions and stress. As a Psychologist, Personal Trainer and Yoga Teacher I am uniquely placed to help you achieve genuine wellbeing. We all know what we need to do to feel healthy and happy, my strength lies in helping you make it happen.
- I provide a safe place to give voice to your thoughts and feelings, to process and move through your experiences, to cultivate compassion and an image of your future best self.
- Together we design a path of action that helps you create the desired change, to become the person you aspire to be. I support you every step of the way as you integrate new strategies and build new habits.
- Using my framework of self-care, The Vitality Wheel, I’ll empower you with time and energy efficient strategies to nourish yourself on a daily basis. Together we’ll create a bespoke self-care toolkit that will keep you fresh, inspired and resilient in the face of life’s inevitable challenges.
- My focus is on the here and now, healing the body and the mind, connecting you with your strengths, your values and maximising what is working well in your life. My approach is informed by Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness, Positive Psychology (the study of what makes life worth living), CBT, Sport and Performance Psychology.
Suzy is an experienced organisational psychologist, working with a range of clients from law firms, media companies, the retail sector, hotels and hospitality and in schools. Suzy facilitates workshops, presents talks and offers individual coaching, all of which can be tailored to the needs of the organisation and the individuals. Depending on the goals, preferences and venue, yoga, meditation, breathing and mindfulness practices can be included.
POPULAR WELLBEING TOPICS INCLUDE:
- The Art of Self-Care
- Sleep, Rest, Relaxation and Breathing
- Fire your Arrow of Intent: Defining Your Goals and Values
- Stress Busters and Mood Boosters
- How to Unwind Without Leaving your Desk
- How to Win at Willpower to Make Sustainable Healthy Choices
- Healthy Exercise and Eating: How to Make it Happen
- The Effects of Parenthood on Mental Health
Private yoga is one-on-one or a small group class, making yoga accessible for any level of fitness, experience or age, and maximising both enjoyment and effectiveness. I provide a bespoke practice, designed specifically for your goals, needs and preferences, meeting you exactly where you are at now.
PRIVATE YOGA CAN HELP WITH:
- Stress Relief: using yoga poses to relieve the physical manifestations of stress. Incorporating breath work and mindfulness to unravel the mental and emotional manifestations of stress.
- Pre & Postnatal Yoga, Mummy & Baby Yoga: preparing for conception, birth, motherhood and beyond. Nurturing the physical body, boosting your energy and mood and nourishing the mind.
- Healing Yoga: for times of grief, loss, change, illness or fatigue, designed specifically to soothe the nervous system and calm the mind and body. Yoga to deal with simple physical aches, pains and stiffness, perfect if you need a good stretch.
- Yoga for Mental Health: as a chartered psychologist I offer yoga designed specifically to help combat depression, anxiety and mental manifestations of stress. My approach is a combination of yoga with CBT and Mindfulness.
- Yoga for Sport: to physically enhance your sporting performance, to stretch out and replenish between sessions and mental skills training to give you the competitive edge. Ideal for nurturing young athletes and seasoned professionals alike.
- Beginners: An introduction to yoga movement and breathing and a simple home practice. An ideal preparation for joining group classes.
- Mentoring: to deepen your practice and to explore different aspects of yoga – postures, breathing, meditation, mudra, yoga nidra or relaxation, philosophy.
Walk & Talk Sessions
MOVE YOUR BODY WHILE WE SORT OUT WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND.
What better way to revitalise, unwind and gain clarity than by harnessing the therapeutic benefits of Nature, movement, mindfulness and uplifting conversation?
WALK & TALK, WHAT IS IT?
We head out into the woods of Ashridge Estate, walk at a pace you feel comfortable with, and we talk about what’s on your mind. Sometimes we might stop and do a yoga pose that is connected with what we’re talking about. The body plays an important role in how we feel, our energy levels and also in how we go about creating change. Using our bodies can help us achieve these goals. A Walk & Talk session is the perfect way to carve new healthy habits and a great alternative to talking it out in a traditional consulting room.
Walk & Talk Sessions
Project Me Live! A Focus on Health & Wellbeing
Join me for a Self-Care Masterclass
Come along to this well deserved day of ME time to focus on your health and wellbeing. You’ll be treated to a wonderful programme of inspirational talks and activities by top wellbeing experts on topics including nutrition, hormones, fitness, posture and body image, sleep and self-care. All designed with your busy lifestyle in mind.
Beautiful Action books will be provided for taking notes and we will lead you to create your own personal ‘Ideas Into Action’ plan that you can (and WILL) put into place back home. You’ll also receive a goody bag filled with oh-so-lovely things to take away.
The day promises to nourish, inspire and delight as well as providing you with the tools to embrace wellness in your every day life – no matter how busy you are.
Date: Saturday 6th October
Time: 9:30am – 5pm
1 Alfred Place Members Club
1 Alfred Place
Book your ticket via this link
Self-Care for Teens: Boosting Resilience and Coping Skills
A workshop for teens
Sunday 16th September, 12:30-2pm at BAYoga Studio, Berkhamsted
Help your teen embark on the new school year with a healthy outlook and strong coping toolkit. This workshop is about empowering teens with their own resources to navigate challenging situations, stress and anxiety, helping them take ownership of their health and wellbeing.
Suzy is author of the book ‘The Self-Care Revolution’ and she draws on her experience as a chartered psychologist and yoga teacher to empower teens with her unique framework of self-care. We will cover concepts and practices that include mindfulness, emotional agility, growth mindset, meditation, breathing exercises and yoga.
You will learn:
- An introduction to the concept of self-care tailored for teenagers.
- A framework of self-care that your teen can turn to during times of stress and anxiety.
- Inspiration for self-care activities that calm, soothe, energise and focus.
- Practical tools for integrating self-care into daily life.
- Two simple and effective yoga sequences – one to uplift and focus and the other to relax and de-stress.
- A meditation on the breath to soothe anxiety and worry.
Please note, this workshop is for teens only. Please wear comfortable clothes so you can enjoy some yoga. Please also bring a pen and notebook to record your insights.
Book now via this link
Self-Care for Kids: Boosting Resilience and Emotional First Aid
A workshop for parents
Sunday 23rd September, 12:30-2pm at BAYoga Studio, Berkhamsted
We teach our kids how to brush their teeth, to safely cross roads and the importance of healthy eating, this workshop for parents broadens the focus to the emotional and mental wellbeing of our kids. Self-care for kids is about empowering children with resilience boosting skills and providing them with the tools to navigate challenging situations and emotions such as anger, anxiety, and sadness.
With the summer holidays just around the corner, this is the perfect time to launch a self-care project with your kids. Come along to this workshop and learn how to introduce the concept to your children and take away a practical toolkit that will keep your whole family well nourished. Suzy draws on her experience as a chartered psychologist and yoga teacher to empower you with concepts and practices that include mindfulness, emotional agility, growth mindset, meditation, breathing exercises and yoga.
You will learn:
- An introduction to the concept of self-care for kids
- A framework of self-care that works for the whole family
- Inspiration for self-care activities that the whole family can enjoy
- Practical tools for integrating self-care into daily life, by your children independently and as a family.
- Two simple and effective yoga sequences you can share with your kids at home – one to lift the mood and blow away the sillies and the other a pre-bedtime wind down sequence.
- A meditation script to help your children relax and develop the skill of mindfulness
Book now via this link
GENERAL YOGA: BAYOGA, BERKHAMSTED
A one hour dynamic yoga class with an opportunity to strengthen, shape up and stretch out. We might also blend in some moves from tai chi and pilates to keep us on our toes. Suitable for complete beginners or the more experienced and can be modified for pre and postnatal participants. Payment and booking via BAYoga is necessary. Simply jump online to the timetable (www.bayogastudio.co.uk), click on my Tuesday 1:15pm class and it takes you to a secure booking system.
Venue: BAYoga, Berkhamsted
When: Tuesdays, 1:15pm – 2:15pm
MUMMY & BABY YOGA: CARMENTA, BERKHAMSTED
5 WEEK COURSES: Now taking bookings for September 18th. Book your place early to avoid disappointment. Get in touch with Suzy to secure your place.
Time: 10-11am and 11:30-12:30pm
Come and join us for yoga to help you re-energise, strengthen, tone and unwind with some moves for your cherub too. The class is suitable for complete beginners and babies until they are on the move. We’ll also be taking a look at stress management, coping skills and self-care tips specifically for new mums. These classes operates as a course – book in for all 5 weeks for £50. With only 12 available places, booking directly with Suzy is required.
Venue: Carmenta-Life, Berkhamsted
When: Tuesdays for 5 weeks, current course began on 31st July 2018, but you can join in at any time if there’s availability!
Time: 10-11am and 11:30-12:30pm
Cost: £50 for 5 weeks
To book your place email Suzy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Praise for Suzy
“Our last class was such a blessing as I did 50 mins of yoga with a sleeping Esmé and I felt so connected and alive at the end of the class.
I felt like what you created in that class was like a gift – I felt renewed, challenged (in a good way) and refreshed- thank you for what you create so effortlessly with your class content, your energy and your positivity.”
“Suzy’s Walk and Talk sessions are wonderful. I was looking for someone to help with my wellbeing both physically & mentally. Suzy proved to be the perfect person. Getting outdoors breathing & moving made the talking part really easy. It’s very different to being in a consultation room. We could change the location of where we went as well as how hard we would work physically, so it was always fresh. Sometimes it was just a walk, other times we would stop & do some yoga or more of a personal training session but there was always talking along the way. Every session left me feeling positive, centered, smiling & looking forward to the next.
Suzy is quite a remarkable human being, she is a very generous spirit, who is able to listen to what you have to say, nurture you, motivate you & help you realize your potential. She also has an amazing way with people that makes her very easy to talk to, it’s a bit like talking to a friend only she doesn’t come with any preconceptions or judgments & is truly able to help put things into perspective, achieve goals & nurture your whole being.“
“Suzy has been part of my life for years. It took little time to know that she was the person who could support the necessary change in my life. She is humanistic, working with the whole person and her clear boundaries enable me to feel a focused intention on meeting our agreed goals.
I have never felt more supported! She meets me wherever I am – distracted, focused, overwhelmed – then works with me to swing the pendulum back to a more centered, integrated being.
I have achieved amazing quests with Suzy at my side.”
Janine, Potten End
“Suzy brings a new language and conceptual map to the practice of self-care. Her workshop is simple and accessible to all, delivered with passion and energy that makes it a rich nourishing experience. She embodies care and positivity and the combination of all these elements makes for a truly special encounter that can change the way you live. I recommend this workshop to everyone!”
Drop Me a Line
Don't be shy. Let me know if you have any questions!